“Purple Rain” is a song composed by the American musician Prince and performed by himself and his band “The Revolution” for his first self-titled album and, although it is considered within the “power ballad” style, it is a mixture of styles and influences. perfectly conjugated.
It was recorded live at the First Avenue Club, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in early 1984, and reached number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was certified gold for the sale of one million copies.Since then, it was an essential song in any live performance of the artist.
It was covered by a lot of singers and bands, including The Hollies, The Waterboys, Etta James, Charly García and Adam Levine.
– Prince: Lead vocals, background vocals, lead guitar and piano.
– Wendy Melvoin: Guitar and background vocals.
– Lisa Coleman: Keyboards and background vocals.
– Matt Fink: Keyboards and background vocals.
– Brown Mark: Bass guitar and background vocals.
– Bobby Z.: Drums and Percussion.
– Novi Novog: Violin and viola.
– David Coleman: Cello.
– Suzie Katayama: Cello.